DO I NEED A FISHING LICENSE?
DO I NEED TO BRING TACKLE?
DO I NEED TO BRING FOOD AND DRINKS?
WHAT DO I WEAR?
WHAT ABOUT TIPPING?
WHEN AND WHERE DO I PAY?
WHAT ABOUT CANCELLATIONS AND BAD WEATHER?
FREQUENTLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS!!!!
- AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2007, EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 17 OR BORN AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 1920 MUST HAVE A LICENSE. YOU MUST HAVE A LICENSE AND SALTWATER STAMP BEFORE YOU GO! PICK ONE UP AT YOUR FAVORITE SPORTING GOODS STORE OR A CONVENIENCE STORE ON THE ISLAND. YOU CAN ALSO GET A LICENSE BY PHONE! License purchase by phone is available by calling 1-800-TX LIC 4 U (1-800-895-4248), menu 2, 1-800-792-1112 or 512-389-4800 , with approved VISA, Discover or MasterCard. Currently License phone sales are available: (Mon. – Fri., 9:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m. and Sat. 9:00 a.m. to noon). A $5 transaction fee is charged
- Online purchases: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/licenses/online_sales/
- You do not need this license if you:
- are under 17 years of age.
- were born before Sept. 1, 1930.
- are a mentally disabled person who is engaging in recreational fishing as part of medically approved therapy, and who is fishing under the immediate supervision of personnel approved or employed by a hospital, residence, or school for mentally disabled persons. The mentally disabled person must carry an authorization identifying the entity supplying the service. This authorization may be in the form of an I.D. card that contains the name of the sponsoring entity.
- are a mentally retarded person and you are recreational fishing under the direct supervision of a licensed fisherman who is a family member or who is a licensed fisherman that has permission from the family to take the mentally retarded person fishing. While fishing, the mentally retarded person needs a note from a doctor stating the person has been diagnosed as mentally retarded.
A resident fishing license is included in all Super Combination and Combination packages, the lifetime Resident Combination and Lifetime Resident Fishing Licenses, and the various resident fishing packages offered by the department. A resident who holds one of these licenses/packages is not required to purchase a separate fishing license.
- HEY, THESE GUYS ARE THE BEST! EVERY BOAT YOU CHARTER THROUGH TEXAS CHARTER FLEET WILL PROVIDE QUALITY TACKLE AND FISHING EQUIPMENT.
- EXCEPT ON BOATS NOTED, EACH PERSON WILL PROVIDE HIS OR HER OWN FOOD AND BEVERAGES. WE SUGGEST PREPARED FOOD. (PRE-PACKAGED). THE SIMPLER THE BETTER. PLEASE NO GLASS BOTTLES.
- DRESS FOR THE WEATHER AND REALIZE YOU WILL PROBABLY GET A LITTLE DIRTY! BRING A HAT, SUNGLASSES, AND SUNSCREEN! BOATING SHOES OR SNEAKERS ONLY PLEASE. NO BLACK SOLE SHOES OR BOOTS.
- TIPPING IS SIMILAR TO RESTAURANTS. IF YOU RECEIVE GOOD TO EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE, 15% TO 20% IS APPRECIATED. CATCHING FISH CANNOT ALWAYS BE GUARANTEED, BUT AN ENJOYABLE TRIP SHOULD BE EXPECTED. TEXAS FLEET DOES NOT RECEIVE ANY PORTION OF TIPS!
- NO BANANAS! EVEN IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE IN BAD LUCK, TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!
- TO RESERVE YOUR CHARTER, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE A DEPOSIT WITH TEXAS CHARTER FLEET. DEPOSIT IS USUALLY AROUND 50% OF THE FULL RATE. BALANCE OF PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE BOAT LEAVES THE DOCK. CALL US FOR DETAILS!
- WEATHER CANCELLATION IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CAPTAIN. CANCELLATION DUE TO WEATHER WILL RESULT IN A RESCHEDULING OR A FULL REFUND. CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER MUST BE MADE 10 DAYS IN ADVANCE BY 5 p.m. cst., OR THERE WILL BE NO REFUND. CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO 3% SERVICE CHARGE.
- THESE ARE THE FINEST CAPTAINS, CREW, AND BOATS IN TEXAS. NO ILLEGAL DRUGS, CONTRABAND OR FIREARMS PERMITTED.
- FISH CLEANING IS AVAILABLE AT THE DOCK FOR AROUND $.40 – $.45 CENTS PER POUND. IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON EATING IT, PLEASE LET YOUR MATE KNOW SO THAT HE MAY RELEASE THE FISH FOR ANOTHER DAY!